Associate Surveyor | Survey Manager
Areas of Expertise
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
- Records of Surveys
- Corner Records
- Horizontal and Vertical Control Surveys
- Construction Staking
- Contract Management Surveys
- Record Research
- Parcel Maps/Final Maps
- Preparation of Survey Bids and Proposals
San Diego State University in 2014, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
Since graduating from San Diego State University in 2014, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Byram Jennex has rapidly learned that his skills and professionalism is greatly capitalized in the field of land surveying. Since joining San Dieguito Engineering in 2017, Byram has worked his way up from chainman working in the field to managing field crew and more recently becoming SDE’s Survey manager in short order.
Introduction to geomatics started in Camp Pendleton in 2016 working for GIS department on base. His inquisitive intelligence led him to our firm working in the field for the Principal Land Surveyor Andrew Karydes. Andy quickly learned that Byram’s engineering degree facilitated teaching basic survey principles and survey processes that Andy learned and honed over the 20 years in his career.
Working for a small firm, Byram afforded working from soup to nuts on all surveying phases of small and large projects from 2017 until the retirement of Andrew Karydes. At which time, Bryam’s supervisor was Kevin McHugh, Jr. who was another seasoned Professional Land Surveyor with 24 years at RBF and 16 years at NV5. Bryam’s breadth and depth of land surveying along with his integrity and commitment to following basic land surveying principles for every project along with project documentation, coupled with his propensity to learn and retain lessons learned by his supervisors, make him a key employee in the Surveying Department at SDE. Byram is a respected surveyor in the San Diego region and continues to learn and grow in his profession as he works toward his licensure in Land Surveying.
As the Party Chief and Chainman for over 40 public work projects and over 60 private development projects, Bryam has managed the survey crew, survey schedules and budget with many satisfied homeowners and Prime Consultants while self-performing the CAD work associated with his field work. He is also a team member responsible for the construction staking and as-built surveys, as well as providing surveying services for project areas as directed by the client. Other responsibilities include accuracy and completeness of field data and sketches, download and process data and research and calculations.
El Portal Underpass, SANDAG, Encinitas, CA
Construction Management Associate Surveyor. Responsible for field data collection for duration of project, which placed a pedestrian walkway under NCTD Right of Way. The project also placed a bridge over the walkway. Responsibilities included generating of reports, and verification of contractor’s staking.
Sutherland Dam Topography and Bathymetry, City of San Diego, Ramona, CA
Assistant Surveyor. Responsible for field data collection for duration of project, which allowed for volumetric calculations of the entire site up to the spillway. Responsibilities included generating of reports, and mapping of existing topography and boundary.
Tijuana Levee Topographic Survey, US International Boundary and Water Commission, San Diego, CA
Staff Surveyor. Responsible for field data collection for duration of project, which modelled and mapped an environmentally damaged area caused by raw sewage spill across the border. Responsibilities included mapping of existing topography and boundary (including the US/Mexico borderline).
Other Project Experience
- City of San Diego Coast Boulevard Sea Cave Emergency Stabilization
- Project APWA 2020 “Project of the Year Award”
- SDG&E/Sempra Energy Pipeline Safety Enhancement Plan (PSEP) APWA 2016 “Project of the Year Award”
- City of San Diego Clairemont Mesa Emergency Storm Darin
- City of San Diego South Bay Water Reclamation Plant
- City of San Diego Sutherland Dam
- City of San Diego MBC Construction Staking
- City of San Diego Rochester Emergency Storm Drain Replacement
- City of San Diego Vernal Pool Staking for Sander Mitigation Site
- SANDAG Poinsettia Train Station in Carlsbad, CA
- SANDAG Mid Coast Corridor Project
- SANDAG El Portal Underpass in Encinitas, CA
- City of Vista Sewer Mitigation
- City of Garden Grove Fire Station #6
- City of Encinitas Sidewalk Improvements
- City of Encinitas Monument Preservation
- City of San Marcos On Call Engineering Contract – Land Surveying Services
- SDG&E Land Services On Call Land Surveying
- NAVFAC Coronado Sewer Extension
Survey Equipment Expertise
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Trimble R8
- Trimble S7
- TSC3 Controller
- Leica MS-60
- CS-20 and CS-15 Controllers
- GIS Data