We are seeking a Land Surveyor to join our growing company as our Project Manager!
As we bid farewell to our Principal Land Surveyor, Kevin McHugh, for retiring, we are searching for a Professional Land Surveyor licensed in California who is adept in land surveying as well as providing ROW surveys, topographic surveys, ALTA surveys and boundary surveys. San Diego/Imperial County knowledge is critical as well as having the right personality that fits our corporate culture of Integrity, Teamwork, Commitment, Creativity, and Work-Life balance. SDE provides services to a wide range of private development and public works clients. We are resilient and we look forward to an amazing post-Pandemic times. There is growth in housing, land development, capital improvements, smart city growth, transit, and Public-Private-Partnerships in the San Diego Region. Please see the job ad for Project Manager Land Surveyor and send us your resume to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org Look forward hearing from you!
Come join our team and be part of our community!
San Dieguito Engineering, Inc. (SDE) is looking to hire a full-time Land Survey Project Manager. The ideal candidate should be a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor. Established in 1974, SDE is an award-winning civil engineering firm located in Carlsbad, CA. SDE provides Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, Land Planning, and Subsurface Utility Mapping (SUE) for a variety of land development and municipal capital improvements projects throughout San Diego County. SDE is committed to being the #1 Small Business Civil Engineering, Land Surveying, and Land Planning consulting firm in San Diego County. Here at SDE, we believe we are only as good as the people we work with, because through collaboration and attention to detail, we can exceed our client’s expectations.
The Project Manager will report to the Principal on a variety of projects. The Project Manager will work on both private development and public work projects. The Project Manager will have survey office staff available as a resource.
- Prepare and resolve boundary surveys.
- Prepare topographic and ALTA surveys.
- Prepare plat and legal descriptions for boundaries and easements.
- Manage multiple projects with given scope and within schedule and budget.
- Prepare proposal for project pursuits.
- Prepare subdivision maps and parcel maps.
- Prepare Record of Surveys and Boundary/Lot Line Adjustment Plats.
- Manage and support field survey team to respond to RFI’s
- Provide QA/QC for survey documents.
- Proficiency in office tasks with a working knowledge of AutoCAD C3D, Microstation V8i, Trimble Business Center, Leica Infinity, and MS Office is preferred.
- Collaborate as a team player as a communicative and proactive team leader.
- Perform other related tasks as needed by Survey Manager and Principal Engineer
- California PLS is required
- Minimum 5 of related working experience
- Good verbal and written communication
- Self-Manageable and motivated
- Willing to learn
- Positive attitude
- Strong Organization Skills
- Able to work with all departments: Civil Engineering, Land Planning, and Land Surveying
SDE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary, complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K matching, flexible work schedule, and paid vacation/sick days.
If interested, please submit your resume in Word or PDF format only. No links to resume will be accepted.