General civil engineering is concerned with the overall interface of fixed projects with the greater world. Civil engineers work closely with surveyors and specialized civil engineers to fit and serve fixed projects within their given site, community and terrain by designing grading, drainage (flood control), paving, water supply, sewer service, electric and communications supply and land (real property) divisions. General engineers spend much of their time visiting project sites, developing community/neighborhood consensus, and preparing construction plans.

Is the right of use over another’s property. Common examples of easements include the right of a property owner who has no street front to use a particular segment of a neighbor's land to gain access to the road, as well as the right of a municipal corporation to run a sewer line across a strip of an owner's land.

National Discharge Pollutants Elimination System.

PE typically stands for a Professional Engineer who is a RCE. A "professional engineer" by definition of the BPELS (see RCE below) refers to a person engaged in the professional practice of rendering service or creative work requiring education, training and experience in engineering sciences and the application of special knowledge of the mathematical, physical and engineering sciences in such professional or creative work as consultation, investigation, evaluation, planning or design of public or private utilities, structures, machines, processes, circuits, buildings, equipment or projects, and supervision of construction for the purpose of securing compliance with specifications and design for any such work.

The legal boundary of a property as described by deed.

RCE stands for a registered civil engineer. In the State of California, a professional civil engineer must be licensed by the Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (BPELS) in order to be a RCE.

An agreement held between a private developer and a public agency that allows monetary reimbursement to individuals who paid for construction of public facilities with private monies.

The area between private property lines which is available for facilities such as public road improvements such as curb, gutter, sidewalk, pathways, grading, drainage facilities and dry utilities.

Rainfall that is not absorbed by soil. Runoff is often referred to as "Q".

Regional Water Quality Control Board. There are nine zones in the state of California. These Boards implement the SWRCB requirements throughout its zone.

An engineer trained in the design and construction of custom home lot grading, public works, utilities and roads, site development for commercial or high density residential property, litigation, water resources, stormwater management, design review member, construction manager, project manager, and issue resolution solver.

Standard Urban Stormwater Mitigation Plan.

State Water Resources Control Board.

Graphic representation of the surface features of a place or region on a map indicating their relative positions and elevations.